Thursday, January 13, 2011

Off to the Province


The next morning we spent the day driving to the province, our home. Well home is pretty specific. You can’t call a place your home if you don’t live there right? My mom’s family friend picked us up. It took him a while because of the winding roads and terrible traffic, no body really obeys the traffic laws. Needless to say the lines that are supposed to separate the lanes don’t mean a thing. We headed over to a car rental place where my dad picked up a silver Toyota. 


My sister and I spent the next four hours playing cards and admiring the view out the window. The country side, well could you call it a country side? I mean it’s just rice plantations, but it looks majestic! The blend of mountains and green top it off. We felt guilty as we drove through the small towns. Some houses were made of nothing but a couple of bricks and thin metal sheets. What was most interesting was the domestic way of traveling, a tricycle! The driver has a motorcycle, or some sorta of two wheeled bike, and attached to that is a riding compartment for the client. 




Usually during Christmas time I’m ready for snow, cuddling up by the fire with a warm cup of hot chocolate, and having a snowball war with my neighbors. My dad joked that we still had our “White Christmas,” but instead of snow we had sand. His attempt of cracking a joke entertained us for a little while. Our Christmas morning began with my parents going to the local parent and buying food for the luncheon we would have at our cousin’s house. By the end of the meal my stomach was filled with shrimp, tuna, catfish, seaweed, rice, and coke. Definitely an unorthodox Christmas meal, but it was delicious! Our cousins were really shy, so my sister and I were left alone. Instead of bumming around we headed off to the beach to take pictures. The sunset was gorgeous! Zamables, the province we’re at, is a city-construction-stress free village. And so we relaxed and watched the sunset over the endless sea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment